CertainTeed WeatherBoards fiber cement siding is a wood alternative siding made of Portland cement, fly ash, wood fiber and specialty additives, making it very durable. Other types of lap siding require regular upkeep or they will deteriorate over time. Fiber cement lap siding is able to match the look of traditional wood lap siding without the maintenance expense and hassles. While it still requires painting periodically, it has much better paint adherence, greatly reducing how frequently it requires recoating. Simple cleaning with a garden hose is the only frequent maintenance necessary.
CertainTeed WeatherBoards fiber cement siding offers several benefits over other types of lap siding:
- It is impervious to termites, other wood-boring insects, and woodpeckers
- It does not swell, warp, or rot
- It stands up to drastic changes in weather, such as freezing and thawing cycles and extreme weather conditions
- It is resistant to the effects of UV rays and salt spray
- It resists damage from hail as well as everyday bumps and impacts
- It is resistant to cracks
- It is non-combustible and will not ignite
- Looks more like wood than other fiber cement siding products
- It is available in many sizes and styles to suit your tastes.
While you can buy fiber cement lap siding at home improvement stores and do it yourself, it is fragile prior to installation and can break without the proper handling techniques and use of appropriate tools. Let the experts at Paint Pro install your fiber cement lap siding for you. Paint Pro’s in-house crew of experts has been installing fiber cement siding since 2000. We finish the installation of all new siding and trim with two coats of 100% Acrylic latex paint. Paint Pro stands behind our workmanship with a 5-year warranty on labor and CertainTeed WeatherBoards fiber cement siding carries a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty.
When you’re ready to discuss remodeling your home with fiber cement lap siding, give the Kansas City fiber cement siding experts at Paint Pro a call at 913-685-4089 to set up a free consultation. You can also click on the request a quote button aboce. We will come to your home, inspect your property and give you an accurate project quote.